Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Similar Game Army Of Two

Convalescenza con Georgette Heyer

knew Georgette Heyer for her romance novels set in the Regency period and now I found the yellows, which are even more enjoyable and I held company in the last three weeks of forced rest.
In order of appearance on the bedside table:
- The man exchanged (Regency)
- blunt
- Snakes of Cornwall (one of the meanest things I've read, devoid of positive characters)
- The murder of Norton Manor
- Poisons family.
Yellow classics, a bit 'to Agatha Christie, but devoid of affectation and refinement of Miss Marple and Poirot.
The protagonists are often not very nice and posh, with their fair share of flaws (the lawyer of Norton Manor is unbearably self-confident, just as an example) and so very true.
accurate reviews I had promised to each of the novels, but life is short and too little time. And I have too many things to do.
And now that I look forward, I realize that it's almost one o'clock in the morning.
Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment